Congrats, you’ve reached Step 5! You’ve made your first deposit and have set up your trading terminals too. All that’s left to do is to place your first trade. Let’s get started:
When you are ready to start trading, login to your trading terminal. Watch this video to learn how:
Do you have favorite symbols that you like to trade, like EURUSD? Follow these steps to customize the list of symbols in your Market Watch window in the WebTerminal or Desktop Terminal:
- Right-click anywhere in the Market Watch window.
- Click Symbols, then choose the group of trading instruments that you would like to view.
- Choose a trading instrument and click Show (or Show all if you want to add all available instruments), then close the window.
The trading instrument you've chosen will now be shown in the Market Watch window. If you want to view the chart of the symbol you’ve added, simply drag it to the chart window.
Margin is the amount of your money that Exness holds as a guarantee to open and maintain a leveraged trading position. Always make sure you have enough money in your account to open a trade.
To calculate the margin required to open a position, use our Trader's Calculator.
Before placing your first trade, make sure you understand when the world’s financial markets open and close, and when you can trade.
To place a trade on the Desktop or WebTerminal:
- Click New Order in the toolbar.
- Fill in the required fields:
- Symbol: Choose a trading instrument from the drop down list, which shows the symbols you’ve added to your Market Watch window.
- Volume: Type the lot size (volume you want to trade) for your order. The minimum and maximum lot size depends on your account type. Click here to read more.
- Type of order: Choose either Market Execution or Pending Order.
You will be able to track progress of your trade in the Terminal window.
To close a trade, simply click X next to it.
That’s it! Now you know how to place a forex trade via MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5.
Refer to the Terminals section for more detailed information on how to use the trading terminals.