A screenshot is a snapshot of the screen on your computer or mobile device.
If you contact Exness Customer Support, we may ask you to take a screenshot, so that we can see the issue you are facing and help you as quickly as possible. You can take screenshots of your trading terminal, Personal Area, and the Exness website.
How to take a screenshot:
To take a screenshot on the desktop version of MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5:
- Click File → Save as picture.
- Select either Active chart or Active chart (as is). If you need to take a screenshot that includes the Trade, Log, or Account history tabs, then select Active workspace.
To save the screenshot to a folder on your computer:
- Leave the Publish image online to MQL5 Charts and get link checkbox blank.
- Then click OK.
- Lastly, choose the file name, format and location to save the file.
- On your desktop keyboard look for the Print Screen key. It should be labelled with one of the following: PrntScrn, PrtScn, PrtScr or PrtSc. When you press this key, a screenshot will be taken and put on your clipboard. If you're using a laptop, press Fn + Print Screen.
- Open any image editor, e.g. Paint (Start → All Programs → Accessories → Paint), and then paste the image from the clipboard (use the Paste button in Paint or Ctrl + V).
- Save the screenshot to a file. Go to File → Save as or press Ctrl + S. We recommend the following formats: PNG, JPEG or GIF.
Press ⌘ command/ cmd + Shift + 3 to take a screenshot. Then save it to your desktop.
Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. A screenshot will then be taken and you’ll be prompted to save it. You can also use the Ubuntu screenshot tool (Accessories → Screenshot), which lets you take screenshots with a delay.
To take a screenshot on your iPhone or iPad, press and hold the Sleep/On button and the Home button at the same time. A screenshot will be saved to the phone's camera roll.
Press and hold the Sleep/On button and the Volume down button at the same time. A screenshot will be automatically saved to the phone's photo gallery.
On certain Android phones you can take a screenshot using other key combinations. This information is usually provided in the reference material for a specific model or on the manufacturer's website.